It’s easy to take your feet for granted, but if you don’t look after them, they’ll end up giving you all kinds of problems. But neglecting your feet is wrong as it will arise lot of problems. So, on that note, if you’ve been guilty of neglecting your feet, here are 7 ways to treat your feet right to ensure that they stay healthy, pain-free and looking good.
- Make sure that you wash them regularly, including between your toes, using plenty of soap and water and a soft brush if necessary. When you’re sure that they’re clean, dry them completely to reduce the chances of contracting problems such as athlete’s foot, nasty odors and fungus. If you always make you foot wet then it may cause dangerous fungal infection which is very difficult to manage.
- Treat your feet to a moisturizer after washing to keep the skin soft and supple and prevent hard skin and calluses from forming. Use good quality as well as skin friendly creams so that you that can make you feet smooth and clean.
- Soaking your feet is not just relaxing but it can help to soften any hard skin too. However, forget about using Epsom salts as they can dry out the delicate skin on the tops of your feet. Just use warm water and some moisturizing liquid soap. Some people did not bother about their feet but this will at end can cause pain and make your skin rough.
- Be sure to alternate your shoes on a daily basis to ensure that each pair has time to air out between wears. Also, be sure to change your socks or stockings daily to avoid the dreaded foot odor.
- Wear shoes that give your feet adequate support. Shoes that are completely flat, such as flip-flops, can lead to developing all kinds of problems with your feet.
- Visit a chiropodist if you suspect you are developing problems with your feet. If you spend most of the day standing up, a little foot physio should go a long way to making them feel more comfortable.
- If you visit a salon for a pedicure, check that they sterilize all their equipment between clients, to ensure any foot problems aren’t passed on from one client to another. Be careful about yourself otherwise small ignorance will cause big problem.
Hope these above tips will be helpful for you to manage your feet in right manner and make them look nice as well as smooth.